Panic on a BIOSless machine.

From: Filip Zyzniewski
Date: Wed Apr 27 2005 - 11:00:30 EST

Hi, I managed to boot kernel on a biosless box (Compaq T1000 Windows
based terminal). It has 32MB of ram.

But it panics (sometimes it even launches bash and allows me to run some
stuff).

kernel log gathered from serial console:
http://filip.math.uni.lodz.pl/t1000-panic/panic.log

asm code used to boot kernel:
http://filip.math.uni.lodz.pl/t1000-panic/boot.S

tool bundling boot and kernel together:
http://filip.math.uni.lodz.pl/t1000-panic/mk.c

kernel config:
http://filip.math.uni.lodz.pl/t1000-panic/kernel-config

I had to comment out: jnz 2f # New command line protocol
from arch/i386/kernel/head.S (2.6.11.7) (bootloader too old?).

Is there anything I could do to prevent it? I don't know memory map of
this computer, is this the cause? I can't see video RAM on board, so
maybe it is shared with system RAM? What do you think?

bye,
Filip Zyzniewski
Ekatalog