Re: IDE problems with rmmod ide-cd

From: Alan Cox
Date: Fri Apr 29 2005 - 09:05:58 EST

On Iau, 2005-04-28 at 23:24, Alan Cox wrote:
> One possibility might be that the specific drive is incorrectly
> reporting capabilities and register_cdrom is setting cdi->exit as a
> result. Will try and work out what is going on there tomorrow.

Looks like a dumb bug in ide-cd. The error is coming from mrw_exit.

That gets called because ide-cd sets mask to 0 "I do everything" and
then subtracts features by checking drive bits. What it should do is set
the mask to every flag it knows about and then work back.

The ide-cd code doesn't know about CDC_MRW_W so its always a zero bit in
the mask, CDROM_CAN(CDC_MRW_W) is always true and cache flushes get
written.

Alan