ACPI sleep states on Tyan Thunder K8W S2885

From: Kyle Rose
Date: Fri Apr 29 2005 - 11:37:28 EST

I can't seem to get my Tyan board (AMD 81x1 chipset) to go to sleep such
that wake-on-LAN will wake it back up. On my other machines, when I
shutdown -h, it (presumably) puts the machine into S5 state
automatically, and WOL works like a charm; on this machine, shutdown -h
puts the machine into an actual "off" state in which WOL won't wake it
back up.

Moreover, if I try to echo 5 > /proc/acpi/sleep with full debugging, I
get absolutely nothing in dmesg.

Here are the ACPI-related lines from my boot log (minus the lines
regarding ACPI routing of specific IRQ's):

PCI: Using ACPI for IRQ routing
hpet_acpi_add: no address or irqs in _CRS
ACPI wakeup devices:
PCI1 USB0 USB1 PS2K GOLA GLAN GOLB SMBC AC97 MODM PWRB
ACPI: (supports S0 S1 S4 S5)
ReiserFS: hda5: found reiserfs format "3.6" with standard journal
ReiserFS: hda5: using ordered data mode
ACPI: 'PS2K' and 'PCI1' have the same GPE, can't disable/enable one
seperately
ACPI: 'GLAN' and 'PCI1' have the same GPE, can't disable/enable one
seperately

/proc/acpi/wakeup:

Device Sleep state Status
PCI1 4 enabled
USB0 4 disabled
USB1 4 disabled
PS2K 1 enabled
GOLA 4 disabled
GLAN 4 enabled
GOLB 4 disabled
SMBC 4 disabled
AC97 4 disabled
MODM 4 disabled
PWRB 1 *enabled

and /proc/acpi/sleep:

S0 S1 S4 S5

Furthermore, if I shut down from Windows, it *does* go into what I
presume is the S5 state, so this is a software problem, not hardware.

Any suggestions on debugging?

Cheers,
Kyle