Re: [Ext2-devel] [RFC] Adding multiple block allocation

From: Mingming Cao
Date: Fri Apr 29 2005 - 18:24:20 EST

On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 11:45 -0700, Badari Pulavarty wrote:
> I touch tested your patch earlier and seems to work fine. Lets integrate
> Mingming's getblocks() patches with this and see if we get any benifit
> from the whole effort.

I tried Suparna's mpage_writepages_getblocks patch with my
ext3_get_blocks patch, seems to work fine, except that still only one
block is allocated at a time. I got a little confused....

I did not see any delayed allocation code in your patch, I assume you
have to update ext3_prepare_write to not call ext3_get_block, so that
block allocation will be defered at ext3_writepages time. So without the
delayed allocation part, the get_blocks in mpage_writepages is doing
multiple blocks look up only, right?

Mingming