LSI Logic's Ultra320 320-4X RAID adapter

From: kallol
Date: Sat Apr 30 2005 - 20:03:43 EST

Hello,
We have been evaluting different IO adapters for a storage system vendor.

LSI logic's 320-4X RAID controller seems to be a good choice.

There is an issue with the system on which we are measuring performance.
The memory space PCI register access can not be used.

Question #1: Does 320-4X support IO Space device register access?
Question #2: Do we have a linux driver for it that supports IO ports also?

The megaraid linux driver seems to check the BAR0, if it is memory bar then mem
space is used otherwise IO space.

May be the adapter supporting memory space also support IO space access.

Thanks,
Kallol