Re: [Ext2-devel] [RFC] Adding multiple block allocation

From: Suparna Bhattacharya
Date: Sun May 01 2005 - 23:38:54 EST

On Sat, Apr 30, 2005 at 11:07:53AM -0700, Mingming Cao wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-04-30 at 22:41 +0530, Suparna Bhattacharya wrote:

> > > That's right - so you could try it with mmapped writes (which don't
> > > go through a prepare write) or with Badari's patch to not call
> > > ext3_get_block in prepare write.
> >
> > BTW, I hope you are running with NOBH.
>
> No, it was not run with NOBH. Why we need to turn on nobh here?

If the page has buffers, then get_blocks won't be invoked -- it either
finds all the buffers in a page to be mapped contiguous, in which case
it can directly issue the IO or enters the confused case where it goes
through block_write_full_page.

> There are some issue running fsx tests with both patches, w/o direct io
> option. I will spend more time on this next week.

OK, I can take a look at the fsx logs, just in case it is similar to
something I've seen before.

Regards
Suparna

--