Re: IDE problems in 2.6.12-rc1-bk1 onwards (was Re: 2.6.12-rc3-mm1)

From: Richard Purdie
Date: Mon May 02 2005 - 07:25:47 EST

Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz:
Both problems should be fixed by "convert IDE device drivers to
driver-model" patch but I need to resync it against latest kernels.

Thanks for the tip. I found that patch and applied the parts for the drivers I use. This cured the oops and also allowed "hot unplugging" to finally work under 2.6 for CF cards! Is there a timeline for when this goes into mainline and/or -mm?

I can still get an oops from the vfs layer if I try to access a card just after I remove it suggesting there are some timeout issues somewhere but this is a *massive* improvement on where things were before! I'm really pleased to see this :)

Thanks,

Richard