Re: Support multiply-LUN devices in ub

From: Pete Zaitcev
Date: Mon May 02 2005 - 13:57:37 EST

On Mon, 2 May 2005 10:45:23 -0700, Matthew Dharm <mdharm-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've seen 5 and 6 LUNs, but they aren't common.
>
> The best reading of the specs suggest that 8 is the practical limit.
>
> Since that's not far from 4, perhaps it would be best to set the number to
> 8 so we never have to revisit it again.

OK, how about I change it to 9 just to show that it's arbitrary? As long
as it's 2 times smaller than 26, there should be no problem, I think.
I don't want to resend for such a small issue, so I'll wait until
it turns around and change it.

I am going to remove it completely when I revisit the naming and 26
devices limitation.

-- Pete