Re: Mercurial 0.4b vs git patchbomb benchmark

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Mon May 02 2005 - 15:59:41 EST

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 01:18:02PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > #!/bin/sh
> > exec perl perlscript.pl "$@"
> >
> > instead.
>
> Do you know any vaguely Unix-like system where #!/usr/bin/env does not
> work? I don't; I've used it on Solaris, HP-UX, OSF/1...

I had to pull out a call to env from kbuild due to strange errors in
some mandrake? based system.
I never tracked it down fully at that time, I just realised that two
different programs named env was present, and the less common one made
the linux kernel build fail. env was not called with any path in that
example so that may have cured it.

Sam