Re: [2.6 patch] {,un}register_ioctl32_conversion should have been removed last month

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Mon May 02 2005 - 19:44:24 EST

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 05:30:52PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Adrian Bunk <bunk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > This removal should have happened last month.
>
> drivers/usb/misc/sisusbvga/sisusb.c will use these functions if someone
> defines SISUSB_OLD_CONFIG_COMPAT, so we need to agree to zap that code
> before I can merge this upstream.

That's not a problem.

Quoting drivers/usb/misc/sisusbvga/sisusb.h:

#ifdef CONFIG_COMPAT
#if LINUX_VERSION_CODE <= KERNEL_VERSION(2,6,10)
#include <linux/ioctl32.h>
#define SISUSB_OLD_CONFIG_COMPAT
#else
#define SISUSB_NEW_CONFIG_COMPAT
#endif
#endif

I decided not to drop the SISUSB_OLD_CONFIG_COMPAT code in my patch
because it seems Thomas is sharing this code between different kernel
versions, and a removal might make his life harder for no big win.

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed