Re: negative diskspace usage

From: Dave Gilbert (Home)
Date: Tue May 03 2005 - 06:33:23 EST

Hi,
Just a 'me too'.

Configuration: 2.6.11.3 (SuSE 9.2 tree)
3ware 9000 hardware raid setup as RAID5,
just over 1.5T total, with a 1.5T partition with ext3
created with mke2fs 1.27 (debian installation).
(A rather slow 1.4GHz Athlon and 512MB of RAM on
the box I'm using to test this RAID).

We'd been running bonnie on the partition for a while and
also created a test file that filled the partition;
then I rm'd that 1.5TB file - this took a while; this took
a long while - probably over an hour, doing a df as it was going showed
the amount of space used dropping.

So then I start to copy stuff onto it and do a df and find it showing
the -64Z on the free. (df (fileutils) 4.1), I've got some stuff unbzip'ing on it and it now seems to be showing sensible sizes on it again.

If anyone wants me to try stuff I can since this RAID isn't in service yet.

Dave