Re: How to get a git repository?

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Wed May 04 2005 - 07:13:35 EST

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 01:26:06PM +0100, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:

> Hi,

Hi James,

> I am maintainer of a very small part of the Linux kernel.
> EMU10K1 SOUND DRIVER
>
> This is the old OSS driver for SB Live and Audigy sound cards.
> I have been sent some patches recently, so I was thinking about the best
> way to get them added to the kernel.
> So, can anybody help me with the best way to do this?

They best way to get your patches into the kernel might be to send them
through Andrew, who will add them to his -mm tree and later forward them
to Linus.

If I assume correctly that "I have been sent some patches recently"
means half a dozen patches and the whole amount of patches every year
might be two dozen, I don't see any real reason for you to not simply
handling them manually.

> Kind Regards
>
> James

cu