Re: [git pull] jfs update

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Thu May 05 2005 - 13:18:04 EST

Linus Torvalds wrote:

On Wed, 4 May 2005, Dave Kleikamp wrote:

I think I've got this set up right. I have created a HEAD-for-linus and
HEAD-for-mm in the same git repo.

Ok, my scripts don't handle that very well yet (they just want HEAD), but that was easy enough to hack around. I'll be able to work with that format.

Please pull from

rsync://rsync.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/shaggy/jfs-2.6.git/HEAD-for-linus

FWIW I'm definitely interested in some sort of pull mechanism where I can say "pull from foo://.../libata-2.6.git/HEAD-for-linus" also.

With my netdev-2.6 queue, and given git's intrinsic abilities, I am planning to keep all ~30 or so mini-branches in a single git tree. When I am ready to push some upstream, I can do a HEAD-for-linus merge tree, that merges selected branches.

Jeff