Re: very strange issue with sata,<4G Ram, and ext3

From: Krzysztof Halasa
Date: Thu May 05 2005 - 16:39:23 EST

Rick Warner <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> This morning, we tried updating to a newer pxelinux (3.07) and had the same
> results. We then tried using etherboot with a mknbi tagged image and also
> had the same results. Since we are getting the same problem on 3 different
> motherboards with 2 different network adapters, I have not looked into
> updating the boot rom on the nics. Should I?

I remember I had memory corruption problems with an old version of
Etherboot few years ago. The machines were mostly AMD K6 based,
network cards were SMC EPIC100 (Etherpower II) and/or RTL 8139.

Memtest86 (downloaded with Etherboot) complained about random errors.
I think Linux didn't show any such illness.
This was Etherboot 4.something. Upgrading to 5.something fixed the
problem.

I suspect you're using Etherboot newer than 4.x though. I'd probably
give memtest86 loaded from network a try.
--
Krzysztof Halasa