Re: [2.6.12-rc3][SUSPEND] qla1280 (QLogic 12160 Ultra3) blows upon A7M266-D

From: Stefan Seyfried
Date: Fri May 06 2005 - 17:11:11 EST

Shawn Starr wrote:
> I was feeling lucky yesterday and decided to try my
> luck on an A7M266-D with suspend-to-disk. I noticed
> two things

> 1) If I use XFS /w the SCSI controller (connected to 2
> IBM HD 10K Ultra3 SCSI disks) I can suspend to disk no
> problem, but resuming all hell breaks loose. It takes
> a half an hour to reload the swap memory dumped to
> disk.

Known, XFS was broken / breaking wrt suspend. Pavel fixed this with the
XFS guys IIRC and i think those patches were on lkml also, but am not
sure. => this should work soon.

> 2) If I use EXT3, suspending to disk is fine resuming
> is fine there is no long delay to load the swap memory
> back to RAM. But when it finishes resuming I get the
> same ISP error and the partition table gets corrupt as
> well.

> Is it likely this SCSI driver doesn't know how to
> handle suspend events?

Yes. Almost all drivers that are not commonly used in notebooks are
totally ignorant of suspend / resume. Even the brand new SATA driver
stuff (that is actually in almost every new notebook) had no suspend
support until some days ago.
--
Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices | "Any ideas, John?"