Re: WARNING : kernel 2.6.11.7 (others) kills megaraid 4e/Si dead

From: Thomas Backlund
Date: Fri May 06 2005 - 17:11:51 EST

Chris Wright wrote:
* Andy (genanr@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

cross posted due to the severity of this issue.

I have killed two Dell 1850 (x86_64) with megaraid 4e/SI servers using
kernel 2.6.11.7. When the system boots, it looks like it does not see the
megaraid controller (because it never prints anything about it) and hangs
when it tries to mount root. When rebooted, the system says no firmware
present for embedded raid controller. I then try to flash it, the flash
program says the firmware is corrupt and flashes the controller. However,
upon reboot I still get the no firmware present, thus the machine can no
longer boot off the raid.

Not good. There were no megaraid changes in the -stable series. What's
the last kernel.org kernel that worked for you?

Any news on this ??

I'm about to load linux on one PE1850 and two PE2850 with that
controller, but now I'm afraid of doing so...

--
Regards

Thomas

PS. Please CC me as I'm not subscribed...