Re: Oops and BUG's with hfsplus module

From: Rogério Brito
Date: Sun May 08 2005 - 06:59:48 EST

On May 08 2005, Colin Leroy wrote:
> On 07 May 2005 at 20h05, Rogério Brito wrote:
> > Yesterday, I got a quite scary ooops and, today, after trying a newer
> > kernel, I got many messages in my dmesg logs.
>
> I've had problems mounting my iPod with Firewire, whereas USB works ok.
> Do you have the ability to test an hfsplus filesystem over usb-storage?

Yes, I have. This is a dual Firewire/USB enclosre. I can test with
usb-storage, but I had really scary problems with it some time ago (like it
saying that the media from my HD was removed --- when it obviously wasn't
and, to top it off, I could reproduce it, but it was with kernels like
2.6.7 or so).

I think that I can also try some stress tests with an ext2/ext3 filesystem
and Firewire (i.e., trying to rule out the hfsplus variable from the
problem).

> Maybe the problem comes from sbp2.

Yes, that can't be ruled out, but the messages all mentioned the problem
inside the hfsplus module. I will test it anyway.

> Also, can you try with 2.6.12-rc4?

Yes, I will recompile a newer copy as soon as I get up (it's really early
in the morning here and I need to sleep now).

Anyway, if any further information is necessary, please let me know.

Thanks for the prompt response, Rogério Brito.

--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@xxxxxxxxxx : http://www.ime.usp.br/~rbrito
Homepage on freshmeat: http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/