Re: Any work in implementing Secure IPC for Linux?

From: Kristian Sørensen
Date: Mon May 09 2005 - 12:44:04 EST

On Monday 09 May 2005 17:00, James Morris wrote:
> On Mon, 9 May 2005, Kristian Sørensen wrote:
> > Does anyone here know of work being done in order to implement secure IPC
> > for Linux?
>
> What do you mean by secure IPC?
As I understand it, presently the memory for the message queue is shared based
on user and group ownership of the process. By "secure IPC" is meaning a
security mechanism that provides a more fine granularity of specifying who
are allowed to send (or receive) messages... and maby also a way to resolve
the question of "Can I trust the message I received?"

--
Kristian Sørensen
The Umbrella Project -- Security for Consumer Electronics