Re: /proc/cpuinfo format - arch dependent!

From: Brian O'Mahoney
Date: Mon May 09 2005 - 16:26:51 EST

I don't want to butt in on a private fight but, philosophically,
I would argue that it is up to the kernel to report the real
hardware configuration in an easy to use, and extensible, way.

This only needs to be done once. To argue about what application
writers could or should use, based on what happens today is
just a cop-out; the only thing one must say is that if the app
dosn't understand the architecture it must provide defaults.

- Brian