Re: E1000 - page allocation failure - saga continues :(message 1 of 20)

From: linuxkernel2.20.sandos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue May 10 2005 - 04:34:13 EST

Nick Piggin - nickpiggin@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

linuxkernel2.20.sandos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Anyway i'll try to catch THE option that make the kernel not so happy
>under heavy stress. Stay tuned

How did this turn out? Any luck? Im seeing this same problem with my e1000, now I did enable rx/tx flow control, I reniced kswapd and I changed vm.min_free_kbytes to 65536, and the problem went away.

It would be nice with a "cleaner" solution though.

What kernel are you using?
Are you doing a lot of block IO as well?

I am using 2.6.11.8.

Yes, the server is a fileserver for both the internet (~10Mbit) and internally (1Gbit e1000). Hardware is pretty old so is pretty heavily loaded and with 256MB RAM.

---
John Bäckstrand