Re: [ANNOUNCE] hotplug-ng 002 release

From: Greg KH
Date: Wed May 11 2005 - 12:46:33 EST

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 07:36:54PM +0200, Per Liden wrote:
> On Tue, 10 May 2005, Greg KH wrote:

> > > Since when does udev load modules for you?
> >
> > It does not. That was my point :)
>
> Sorry, but I still don't get your point. Whether kmod is used or not is
> unrelated to the use of udev.

I was trying to point out that if you use udev, kmod is not used at all
to autoload modules when you try to open a device file for a driver that
is not present (as if the module isn't loaded, then the device file
would not be present to try to open.)

But I forgot about the filesystem stuff...

Hope this clears things up.

greg k-h