Modules on 2.6 kernels

From: Wakko Warner
Date: Wed May 11 2005 - 21:00:46 EST

I have noticed that some modules have a large .modinfo section (ie
aic79xx.ko). Is there anyway to strip the alias definitions from the
module? Or is it possible to strip .modinfo entirely?

I'm working in constrained space on this one and would like to get it
smaller if possible. I am currently using almost 1400kb of space (This is
on a floppy if you want to know).

I went through all the modules that I place in this space and removed the
.modinfo section. This freed 300kb of space. I haven't tested the modules
to see if they will work or not. (Used objcopy -R .modinfo to remove)