RE: [OpenAFS] Re: Openafs 1.3.78 and kernel 2.4.29 oopses , samefor 2.4.30 and openafs 1.3.82

From: Dimitris Zilaskos
Date: Thu May 12 2005 - 00:08:52 EST

On Mon, 9 May 2005, ted creedon wrote:

Looks like a compile problem if there's a symbol table error.

To eliminate that as a cause:
Make bzImage;make modules;make modules_install;make install;
Reboot into the new image
Run regen.sh then ./configure and built a new openafs system; install ane
test it.

I think there may be small differences in the m4 macros between various
operating systems.

This is the only way I can get reliable compiles. I have had one server
crash with 1.3.81 but I suspect the software raid filesystem.

Hello ted ,

I folowed your advice , and now after 60 hours of continuous usage I had no oops. I will keep stressing the system to see how it goes. Using 2.4.30 and openafs 1.3.78 at the moment.

Thanks to everyone who replied :)

Dimitris Zilaskos

Department of Physics @ Aristotle University of Thessaloniki , Greece
PGP key : http://tassadar.physics.auth.gr/~dzila/pgp_public_key.asc
http://egnatia.ee.auth.gr/~dzila/pgp_public_key.asc
MD5sum : de2bd8f73d545f0e4caf3096894ad83f pgp_public_key.asc