Re: [patch] improve SMP reschedule and idle routines

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Mon May 16 2005 - 00:35:55 EST

David S. Miller wrote:
From: Nick Piggin <nickpiggin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 15:19:00 +1000

The other obvious problem with sparc64 that I didn't tackle is
your secondary CPU bringup - those CPUs will be calling cpu_idle
with preempt enabled as was previously required, but now should
have preempt disabled (ie. arch/sparc64/kernel/trampoline.S:
call cpu_idle)

And adding a preempt_disable() call to the end of
arch/sparc64/kernel/smp.c:smp_callin() won't work
because?

No that looks like it should work. If that is the "right"
place to put it, then that's perfect. I'll resend the patch
to you privately.