Re: Problem report: 2.6.12-rc4 ps2 keyboard being misdetected as/dev/input/mouse0

From: Kris Karas
Date: Mon May 16 2005 - 22:47:13 EST

Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

On Monday 16 May 2005 00:12, Greg Stark wrote:

I just updated to 2.6.12-rc4 and now /dev/input/mouse0 seems to be my ps2
keyboard.

Please use /dev/input/mice for accessing your mouse.

One possibly interesting mouse issue in 2.6.12-rc[1..4] is that when using /dev/psaux, I have found that my mouse cursor under GPM seems to be triggered into un-hiding when I issue some random number of non-hiding key-down events. That is, press and release the keyboard shift key say 3 or 5 or 10 times, and the console mouse cursor will appear, just as if the mouse had been moved. This bug is not in 2.6.11 (nor Alan's 2.6.11-ac7, fwiw).

Kris