Re: Problem report: 2.6.12-rc4 ps2 keyboard being misdetected as/dev/input/mouse0

From: Kris Karas
Date: Wed May 18 2005 - 17:26:33 EST

Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

On 5/18/05, Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxx> wrote:

Although... maybe the patch below is not too ugly.

Looks pretty much okay to me...

Does it work for you? If so I'll send it to Andrew to simmer in -mm.

FWIW, I've tested the patch and it seems to be working just fine. Thanks!

There is one exception, though it does not appear to be related to the mouse code or the patch, as far as I can tell. Pressing or releasing the right-windows key sends a blank event to GPM (as reported by 'mev') causing the mouse cursor to reappear. If I use "showkey -s" to tell me the scancode, nothing happens. The key is evidently bound in the kernel table, else I'd see the obligatory PRINTK encouraging me to bind it. So something is intercepting the key and sending it to GPM. Experimentally, it appears as if the key press is delivered only if it has not been pressed for roughly 3 seconds (256 Jiffies???).

Kris