Re: Resent: BUG in RT 45-01 when RT program dumps core

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Thu May 19 2005 - 08:14:29 EST

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 14:38 +0200, Serge Noiraud wrote:
> > Ingo,
> >
> > Did you get my patch to fix the kstop_machine yielding problem?
> >
> > -- Steve
>
> Does it solve this problem ? is it the same ? I'm in RT 47-03.
> If yes, I'm interested in this patch.

Yes it does. Actually, all it does is allow kstopmachine to call yield
without the bug message. I looked into the logic of kstopmachine, and
it is perfectly fine to call yield there. So I added a rt_yield function
to allow for places that it is OK for a RT task to call yield without
showing that message.

I found my patch here: (It's a -p0 patch)

http://seclists.org/lists/linux-kernel/2005/May/att-2111/rt-yeild.patch__charset_us-ascii

-- Steve