RE: Illegal use of reserved word in system.h

From: Gilbert, John
Date: Thu May 19 2005 - 15:20:36 EST

On Mer, 2005-05-18 at 22:31, Gilbert, John wrote:
> #JG
> Sorry, I was borrowing the term from the g++ error that this created.
> I'm not trying to imply that someone should be arrested. ;^) Also,
> like a few people have already mentioned, it doesn't effect the kernel

> at all as it's strictly a C program.

#Alan Cox
And that wants submitting to the GNU compiler people as a bug I guess ;)

MySQL using kernel headers is a bit sad given that the same macros were
put into proper user mode headers and under even more open licenses by
the Mozilla people with Linus permission.

DRI one does seem to be a real bug.

#JG
Would that be the drm.h use of "virtual", or the lack of an standard
interrupt driven vertical sync interface?
If it's the later, I know of hundreds, if not thousands of programs that
would greatly benefit from such a feature. This, coupled with Andrew
Morton's low latency patch and the already available high resolution
timer support, and Linux could quickly become the multi-media king of
operating systems (not to mention gaming).
Thanks.

John Gilbert
jgg@xxxxxxxxx