Re: Screen regen buffer at 0x00b8000

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Fri May 20 2005 - 14:47:10 EST

On Fri, 20 May 2005 21:26:59 +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven said:
> On Fri, 20 May 2005, Richard B. Johnson wrote:

> > I think that I've discovered a bug. I know that what I have written gets
> > to the screen buffer because I can read in back! This doesn't make
> > any sense.
>
> Even if it's only in the CPU cache, of course you can read it back (using the
> CPU, not DMA ;-).

No, the bug is in Richard's assuming that because he can read it back in means
that it's in the screen buffer. In fact, it only means he wrote it into some
memory location that he can read back in. ;)

Now if he added a description that verified that a read *from the screen buffer*
(rather than "from where he wrote") shows his changes, *then* he'd have something...