Re: When we detect that a 16550 was in fact part of a NatSemiSuperIO chip

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Sun May 22 2005 - 13:15:46 EST

On Sun, 2005-05-22 at 09:59 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Sun, 22 May 2005, David Woodhouse wrote:
> >
> > Linus, please do not apply patches from me which have my personal
> > information mangled or removed.
>
> I've asked Russell not to do it, but the fact is, he's worried about legal
> issues, and while I've also tried to resolve those (by having the OSDL
> lawyer try to contact some lawyers in the UK), that hasn't been clarified
> yet.

there is a potential nasty interaction with the UK moral rights thing
where an author can demand that his authorship claim remains intact...
so if David objects to his authorship being mangled (and partially
removed) he may have a strong legal position to do so.

Arjan ... who is wondering if the UK DPA law is in conflict with UK
copyright law and is glad to not be in the UK anymore