Re: [patch 2/4] CPU hot-plug support for x86_64

From: Ashok Raj
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 12:55:38 EST

On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 07:24:24PM +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:
> On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 09:58:17AM -0700, Ashok Raj wrote:
> >
> > If its for documentation, then its ok, the reason i thought it will
> > be dead code/documentation soon is since 90% of the hotplug code is
> > generic kernel code, which is not under __cpuinit, just some pieces of
> > x86_64 would alone exist this way, and will not serve real purpose very soon.
>
> I would hope these other pieces get converted over. I will probably
> look into that soon if nobody beats me.

If my IRC, this is how we got started early days. I remember rusty changed them
during the end of the real development.

Rusty/Vatsa would know the exact scope on why we went away from __cpuinit.

[Both who's names i missed accidently in ccing, when i was trying the new
quilt mail, i exited by mistake, and it sent to the partial list, sorry guys]

--
Cheers,
Ashok Raj