Re: What is needed to boot 2.6 on opteron dual core

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 15:24:32 EST

Andi Kleen wrote:
Could you clarify that? I have to install one when it comes in to the owner, and I'm not sure how you would do "runtime tuning" if it doesn't boot. Did you mean boot parameters, BIOS diddling, or ???

What I meant to say is that all kernels should run on dual cores, but newer
ones likely have better performance. Nothing to do for the user.

Okay, thanks. I look forward to trying this.

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)