Re: False "lost ticks" on dual-Opteron system (=> timer twice as fast)

From: Hendrik Visage
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 18:20:48 EST

On 5/23/05, Scott Robert Ladd <lkml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Perhaps a comparison of my .config to yours might identify the source of
> your problem.

I think I've isolated the problem child: MSI's Dynamic Overclocking features...

The MSI "Core Cell" chipset will modify the CPU frequency within
certain parameters as the CPU needs more oomph (like a kernel
recompile :^P ), but will drop it once it heats up or things become
"unstable" or the CPU is getting idle again.

What I still need to ascertain, is whether the MSI K8N Neo Platinum
(nForce2 250) *do* have a HPET implementation or not, as my timer.c
only reports a PIT timer :(

--
Hendrik Visage