Re: RT patch acceptance

From: Daniel Walker
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 11:05:18 EST

On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 10:15 +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> so it's well worth the effort, but there's no hurry and all the changes
> are incremental anyway. I can understand Daniel's desire for more action
> (he's got a product to worry about), but upstream isnt ready for this
> yet.

Ouch.. Let me disclaim my email , I'm writing for me and no one else.
I'm just a sponsored kernel hacker... Are you worried about RedHat
products?

The main reason for my email is that I know Andrew and Linus don't want
interrupts in threads. Without that there is no PREEMPT_RT . If you want
to narrow the discussion to just interrupts in threads that's fine with
me, cause that's what I'm concerned about.

There has been some version of interrupts in threads running around for
almost a year now. To me that's mature enough to be "unstable".

Daniel