Re: RT patch acceptance

From: hui
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 17:42:11 EST

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 11:05:53AM -0700, Daniel Walker wrote:
> I think Ingo is just confident that in time things will get merged. I
> know that there are some people who don't want/like the RT changes. I'm
> interested to know what people's objections are. So far in this thread
> the only objection that I've feel is valid is the added complexity the
> RT patch would add to Linux.

There's a process to this that has to happen before inclusion. Ingo
outlined that earlier. This patch isn't terribly well known and really
needs to be hammered much harder by a larger community to trigger
breakage.

I think there's a lot of general ignorance regarding this patch, the
usefulness of it and this thread is partially addressing them.

billl