Re: RT patch acceptance

From: Lee Revell
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 19:47:35 EST

On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 19:32 -0500, K.R. Foley wrote:
> The only question I would ask of you is this: What will be different in
> 6 months? The patch may be a bit different, it may be a lot different.
> However, it probably won't be that much more rung out than it is today
> until more people start beating on it. This probably won't happen until
> it is merged. :-)

All of the Linux audio oriented distributions are already shipping -RT
kernels, and most of the serious Linux audio users who use general
purpose distros are running it. That's a few thousand people running it
24/7 for months, and it's been at least a month since any of these users
found a real bug in -RT.

Lee