Re: RT patch acceptance

From: Karim Yaghmour
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 08:17:09 EST

Bill Huey (hui) wrote:
> I haven't even asked my employeer if I should go or not ? should I ?

Given your involvement with Linux, probably yes, but it's really up to
you. You should be aware, though, that just yesterday I got an automated
e-mail saying that they were 95% booked (remember that attendance is
capped at 500). So if you should decide to go, now is the time ...

> Seriously, I was going to stay out here and work on more RT related
> stuff that I've been working on for a number of months. Who should go
> to OLS ?

Gee ... I can't really say I have definitive answer to that. From
personal experience, I can tell you that there are people from all
levels of involvement that go in there, from core hackers to just
simple users. The real key of OLS is the networking you get to do
with other people (i.e. meeting people in the hallways and
discussing issues which are hard to resolve on a mailing list.)
Not to mention the beer drinking ... ;)

Karim
--
Author, Speaker, Developer, Consultant
Pushing Embedded and Real-Time Linux Systems Beyond the Limits