Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.12-rc4-V0.7.47-06

From: K.R. Foley
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 09:21:20 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:
* K.R. Foley <kr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No it doesn't crash if I boot only a single CPU. I'll go one better than that. It doesn't crash if I boot both CPUs but without hyper-threading (turned off in the bios but still enabled in the config). :-(

hm, must be some race. I tried it on a HT system too - will try on another HT system.

can you work it around (or turn it into another type of crash) by disabling STOP_MACHINE? (you can do that by turning off MODULE_UNLOAD)

Ingo

Working on it.

--
kr