Requesting PREEMPT_RT talk at OLS

From: Karim Yaghmour
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 13:34:20 EST

Andrew,

I know this is very late in the OLS process, but I think I speak for
quite a few people when asking for the following:

We'd really like to see a talk about Ingo's work on the PREEMPT_RT
patch at this year's OLS.

Again, I understand that preparations are well underway and that this
blows every possible deadline. However, given the importance this
patch has now gathered, it would really be important to have a talk
about this at the OLS. Sven Dietrich (in CC) has submitted such a
proposal yesterday and we'd really like this to be considered
by the organization committee.

P.S.: I'm not personally involved with the development of this patch.
In fact, if you check the LKML archives, you'll even find me
criticizing the approach and endorsing a totally different approach
for real-time in Linux. Nevertheless, I submit this to you given
the importance this patch has gathered.

P.P.S.: I hope you'll forgive my CC'ing LKML. Hopefully this will
keep all such requests under the same thread.

Karim Yaghmour
--
Author, Speaker, Developer, Consultant
Pushing Embedded and Real-Time Linux Systems Beyond the Limits