2.6 block immediate write

From: NZG
Date: Thu May 26 2005 - 15:18:35 EST

I'm developing a generic MMC driver using SPI protocol for the 2.6 kernel.

I want this device to be compatible with uClinux distributions, so I need to
be able to set up the request queue so that writes to the device happen
immediately, rather than delaying until they "have to" happen, such as on an
umount.

1. is this possible?
2. can anyone point me towards some good documentation as to the correct way
to set up the queue?

I've gone through ldd3, but it seems a little ambiguous on this point.

I hope this is a valid question for the vger list.
I think it is, but I'm a bit new to it.

thx,
NZG.