Re: Tyan Opteron boards and problems with parallel ports (badpmd)

From: Christopher Warner
Date: Thu May 26 2005 - 20:23:17 EST

Just read the other existing thread linked. Is everyone running the same
model opteron on these Tyan boards (246)? To update even further.
Besides the parallel port problem I've sent back about 5 of these tyan
motherboards. A couple of then simply didn't have the gigabit network
adapters available via bios. In some cases linux loaded the drivers for
the adapters regardless of their setting in BIOS. In other cases they
simply were not available.

Also, are the processes you run swapping out/in memory repeatedly? Or
using a large amount of threading? Thread pools? I'm trying to get rid
of this problem myself. I've seen it extensively in 2.6.11.5 and not as
much in 2.6.11.8 but I haven't tested lately past .8

-Christopher Warner