Re: RT patch acceptance

From: Sven-Thorsten Dietrich
Date: Fri May 27 2005 - 02:26:13 EST

On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 15:19 +1000, Nick Piggin wrote:
> Or have I missed something completely? You RT guys have thought about
> it - so what are some pros of the Linux-RT patch and/or cons of the
> nanokernel approach, please?

Sorry Nick,

The discussion about sub-kernels does not need to happen again in this
forum.

We have made more than enough noise about RT already, and taken
bandwidth that people are using to do real work.

There are different application domains, and nano-kernels have theirs.

If you are truly interested, there are a lot of papers about RT. There
are nanokernel implementations and patents you can review, and there is
a lot of controversy.

I would refer you to LKML the archives, going back a few years, where
you can find answers to all your questions.

The opinion you form in the end may depend largely on what you read,
whom you talk to, your understanding of how everything interacts, and
your intuition.

If you have any remaining specific questions, I'll be glad to point you
to more information (OFF LIST)

(I hope that puts it back in the box)

Best Regards,

Sven