Large transfert with 2.6.12rc5 +realtime-preempt-2.6.12-rc5-V0.7.47-10

From: Serge Noiraud
Date: Fri May 27 2005 - 09:17:44 EST

I had the same problem with rc4+47-07
I reproduce this problem with a tg3 driver and with e1000 driver.
So I think it's not a driver problem.

I try to copy an iso image from this machine to another one by scp.
after 35 to 45MB, the copy become stalled with no more transfert.
We can ping the target machine, all apparently is OK except the scp
which finish with timeout.
With ftp, the stalled state is about 100MB.
If I reboot with a standard kernel ( without RT ), no problem.

I have the following config :
# CONFIG_PREEMPT_NONE is not set
# CONFIG_PREEMPT_VOLUNTARY is not set
# CONFIG_PREEMPT_DESKTOP is not set
CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT=y
CONFIG_PREEMPT=y
CONFIG_PREEMPT_SOFTIRQS=y
CONFIG_PREEMPT_HARDIRQS=y
CONFIG_PREEMPT_RCU=y
CONFIG_PREEMPT_BKL=y

Do you need my complete .config ?

I tried this on two different machines with the same effects.