Re: Playing with SATA NCQ

From: Michael Thonke
Date: Fri May 27 2005 - 17:33:25 EST

Jeff Garzik schrieb:

> Michael Thonke wrote:
>
>> Hello Jens,
>>
>> I tried to play with your patch on ICH6R and ICH7R chipset also on
>> Sil3124R Controller
>> with 2xSamsung HD160JJ SATAII drives. But the performance gain stay
>> out..
>> anything special to set to get it working? I used a vanilla-kernel
>> 2.6.12-rc5-git2 for it.
>

> SiI 3124 driver needs to be updated to support NCQ.
>
> Jeff

Hello Jeff,

thanks for the info, and whats about Intel ICH6R and ICH7R anything
special there?
I played a bit with the patch and tried to tune it a bit. But there is
no Documentation
for AHCI in kernel.with parameter I can handover or can be changed.
Maybe I've missed them?
If so can you please refer me to one?

Thanks in advance and for help

Greets