Re: Question re .git# patches

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Sat May 28 2005 - 13:23:01 EST

On Saturday 28 May 2005 13:53, randy_dunlap wrote:
>On Sat, 28 May 2005 10:50:24 -0400 Gene Heskett wrote:
>| Are these self-contained, so that .git2 also contains the .git1
>| contents?
>
>Yes, and today's -git3 contains both of those.

I see. I also tried to put Ingo's latest RT patch on top of that, it
went in except for the Makefile, wrong src version, but then the
Makefile itself was broken with some mumbling about make
modules_install failing because ln claimed the last argument was
bogus. I couldn't see anything wrong with the version names I used,
they were indentical in both the Makefile and in my 'makeit' script.

Running git2, seems to be happy so far (about 20 minutes)

Anything in particular that I should be watching for?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)