Re: [SCSI] Driver broken in 2.6.x?

From: |TEcHNO|
Date: Sat May 28 2005 - 18:30:46 EST

Hi,

Is this crash still repeatable in 2.6.12-rc5?

If so, can you please verify that it still occurs if the nvidia driver was
never loaded?

No, it works now as if it was 2.4.x series.
Now it just randomly hangs the system, ie. somewhere at the end of scanning or suchm no nothing in logs or similar. Simply hangs. My guess is that It shoudln't, no matter what, I always thought Linux was stable but the current problems (CDburning problems around 2.6.9, scanner/SCSI hanging the system) seem to contradict this. That's bad.

--
pozdrawiam |"Help me master, I felt the burning twilight behind
techno@xxxxxxxx|those gates of stell..." --Perihelion, Prophecy Sequence