Re: How to find if BIOS has already enabled the device

From: Parag Warudkar
Date: Mon May 30 2005 - 09:52:53 EST

> Wow, I definitely disagree, considering that the udev maintainer has
> commit privileges for Gentoo.
>
> Try http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/udev-guide.xml for help.
>
> Michael Sterrett
> -Mr. Bones.-

"Just works" == emerge udev; rc-update add udev boot; reboot
-:)! Add "reading a big document" to that and it becomes "works after reading a document" !

Well, I had tried the gentoo udev guide, but landed in an non booting system - kernel couldn't mount /dev/hdaX since udev hadn't set it up by then. So I have to add devfs to command line. No offense to udev maintainer or the document writer - the problem might be unique to my setup.

Now going back to my original question - has anyone got an idea as to why pci_enable_device() could hang system for 2 minutes before recovering ;) ?!

Parag