Re: RT : Large transfert with 2.6.12rc5 + realtime-preempt-2.6.12-rc5-V0.7.47-15

From: K.R. Foley
Date: Tue May 31 2005 - 11:32:49 EST

Serge Noiraud wrote:
I had the same problem with rc4+47-07, rc5+47-10,47-13
I reproduce this problem with a tg3 driver and with e1000 driver.
So I think it's not a driver problem.

I try to copy an iso image from this machine to another one by scp.
after 35 to 45MB, the copy become stalled with no more transfert.
We can ping the target machine, all apparently is OK except the scp
which finish with timeout.
With ftp, the stalled state is about 100MB.
If I reboot with a standard kernel ( without RT ), no problem.

Perhaps there is a progress, in 47-15, the size is now 135-140MB

On this machine, we have an ide disk.
I have setup : hdparm -sh-2.05b# hdparm /dev/hda

/dev/hda:
multcount = 16 (on)
IO_support = 3 (32-bit w/sync)
unmaskirq = 1 (on)
using_dma = 1 (on)
keepsettings = 0 (off)
readonly = 0 (off)
readahead = 256 (on)
geometry = 65535/16/63, sectors = 78165360, start = 0

Hi,

I am not sure what might be causing this problem for you. I just tried to reproduce this on one of my systems but could not (scsi not ide). The first time it copied 450MB before the remote system ran out of space. After cleaning up a bit I got the whole 630MB without a hitch. Do you have the RT patch on both systems or just on the originating system? In my case its the latter. There is

--
kr