DocBook build failures, and graphical figures

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Tue May 31 2005 - 13:34:04 EST

Some DocBook-related comments and questions:

* "make psdocs" and "make pdfdocs" both fail in current tree, on Fedora Core 2 (FC2) and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (RHEL4). Strangely enough, they fail on different files. I've attached output-psdocs.txt and output-pdfdocs.txt showing the errors I get.

Both psdocs and pdfdocs -do- work for some files. Each target proceeds for a bit, and then finds a specific file it doesn't like, and dies. 100% reproducible.

In each failing case, I can use "db2ps" or "db2pdf" to successfully convert the XML file, whereas xmlto fails.

* Can you make it easy to change the paper size to something custom, like 6x9in ?

* Is there an example somewhere describing how to insert graphics (figures and charts) ?

Regards and thanks,

Jeff