Re: Driver for MCS7780 USB-IrDA bridge chip

From: Lukasz Stelmach
Date: Tue May 31 2005 - 19:18:41 EST

Greetings Everyone.

The new, shiny 0.2alpha.3 release is ready to test it, smash it and blow
it off ;-)

The major improvement is support for other SIR speeds: 2400 through
115200 bps. Well I think they will work but frankly speaking I haven't
tested them because my Handspring always negotiates the highest rate.

I am sure there is quite a lot of bugs left so *please* test it as much
as you can. I am realy convinced that performance may be a really big
problem so I will appreciate any comments on the design.

Source tarball is available at:

http://www.ee.pw.edu.pl/~stelmacl/mcs7780-0.2alpha.3.tar.bz2
http://www.ee.pw.edu.pl/~stelmacl/mcs7780-0.2alpha.3.tar.bz2.asc (sig)

or

http://stlman.fm.interia.pl/mcs7780-0.2alpha.3.tar.bz2
http://stlman.fm.interia.pl/mcs7780-0.2alpha.3.tar.bz2.asc (sig)

To answer your question: I will make a patch but let me first be sure it
is usable and at least beta-stable. You can help ;-)

Always yours.
--
Było mi bardzo miło. Trzecia pospolita klęska, [...]